Happy 21st, BFF!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Warning: This post will be in Davao-Tagalog-English. So bare with it.

Remember the time when you were graduating from high school and you were all mushy and medyo dramatic na because you and your best friend will have to go on different colleges the next school year? That means, di na kayo magkasama during CR breaks, class breaks, lunch breaks at kung ano ano pang breaks! Well, I can vaguely remember mine (since it's almost 5 years ago hahaha) but one thing I'm sure of is that we promised each other to keep in touch and remain Best Friends Forever. BFF in short. I know it sounds cliche to hear people call each other 'BFFs', pero that's just it. I guess, we're one of them.

Faye's my long time best friend since highschool and I'm grateful for the 8 long years of friendship that we have since then. Back in highschool we used to hang out A LOT (parang 'you and me' against the world ang peg), go to different places that I think we were the only ones who'd enjoy, eat at karenderias, spend overnights at each other's places, and just talk about the things we go through as love-crazy teenage young girls (love crazy talaga huh? haha. how embarassing pero yun ang totoo! hahaha).  When one of us gets lonely, sad or heartbroken, all we need to do is just be with each other. Tapos okay na! Hay those memories hahaha nakakahiya! We went through a lot too. May times (sophomore and junior year) na we did not talk to each other for a week just because.. I forgot. Petty reasons? Haha. And we were brought into the guidance counselor's room, left there for an hour until one of us talk. Of course, I was not the one. Ma pride eh! Yayks. :)) I get a lot of questions on HOW did we ever become best friends kasi complete opposite daw talaga kami. She is very articulate, she writes and draws well, while ako.. nevermind. I can't even draw a straight line. Hahaha. She's so mahinhin and quite, on the contrary, I am loud and medyo careless. So HOW? Well, I don't really know! I guess we're just meant to be friends! :)

If I were to write everything that we've been through before, then I think you'll just get tired reading all of it! Kasi sobrang dami. So to give a you glimpse, here's few of our throwback photos together.


NENE + YAGIT DAYS

NOT SO YAGIT DAYS HAHA

RANDOM HANGOUTS


PHOTOSHOOTS "DAW"



And ofcourse with the IMBA GIRLS :)


Watchha think? :) Obviously, we've grown a lot (more pounds + more wisdom).  And we don't get to hang out now as much as we did, (we're in different cities, different career paths, new sets of close friends), pero one thing remains, we will always be the best of friends that we promised to each other. She is someone I can always rely to when something happens and someone who I know will always be there despite the distance. It's just amazing how God preserved our friendship. But what amazes me more is the person she is now. As someone who has been with her through her most difficult times, I can say that she has now grown maturely in the faith and in her spiritual walk with God. Her security in Him, and the peace, joy and contentment that comes with it is something that I look up to in her. She is a gem. And I am forever grateful that God gave us this friendship to enjoy. :-) 

Happy 21st birthday, BFF!
Alam ko magdrama ka minsan kasi di na tayo masyado nakakabonding and di na tayo nakakacatch up but always remember that nandito lang ako for you lagi no matter what. Will always be blessed by your life. I love and miss you. And I'm proud of you! You don't know how happy I am to see you grow in Christ. It's also great to see you trust people again and welcome new friends. Remember nagdrama ka pa sa akin last time? Hehe. Can't wait for our future bondings. Thank you for everything. Enjoy your day!

I like what Patty Laurel said on her blog "But just as much as I value my new friends, I always stay true to my OLD friends. My long term friendships has served as my anchor for many years. Your old friends will always keep you grounded."




No comments:

Post a Comment