Give me patience

Saturday, October 25, 2014



Photo Source
I would love to have some patience right now. Augh. I know very well that I am such an impatient being. I hate to wait. Who doesn't? Even just by waiting for 5-10 minutes on the line, I always find myself grumbling about the time wasted in waiting. Last week, I went to the bank, waited for a few minutes and went out just because I thought I can do other important things than wait. Thank God I was still able to accomplish what I had to do before that day ended. Still, it just shows that I hate to wait. Unfortunately, I am in a season that needs a LOT of patience. I have to wait till December to know where God would put me and use me for the next 4 years of my life (and probably the next 10-20 years, only He knows). I am excited at the same time anxious. I don't know what His plans are for me but I know they will work out for my good. Wherever He may put me, I know for sure that He will still use me for His glory. Of course, it won't be easy I guess. I will have to adjust (again) and get used to things, whether it will be in Dgte or Cebu. Waiting.. waiting.. I like these quotes from the book I read Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot about waiting. Read it almost 3 years ago and I totally loved it. It helped me realize that God does really make the best love stories, well, when you let Him write yours. You just have to WAIT. :) Oh, is that supposed to be another topic? Or maybe I also need to patience for that... hmmmm.. that's a secret I'll never tell.. XOXO. Just kidding. Yes, patience for that too, God. *wink


"I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one's thoughts. Its easy to talk oneself into a decision that has no permanence- easier sometimes than to wait patiently. - Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity

"I realized that the deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able to honestly pray what He taught His disciples to pray: Thy will be done." - Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity




So maybe waiting isn't that bad. I believe that God can use this to prepare me for what's next. Sometimes, we just need to take a break and ... wait. It's been a month since I arrived home and I'm glad that I can do things that I want to without thinking about deadlines, exams and what nots. I bake, cook, play the piano, watch tv, surf the net, read, and go out (rarely happens..certified homebuddy now!) whenever I want to. I can have all the time to have my devotions, talk to God and just seek Him. My prayer is that in this season, I will be able to make the most of what God wants me to learn. I hope and pray that I will continue to learn to put Him first in everything. Every decision. I believe He is teaching me something in this waiting... and it's all going to be worth it.

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Romans 8:25



No comments:

Post a Comment